What the area offers
Viseul de Sus is a varieted area that assures a
multitude of recreation posibilities.
The major attractions of the area are the mountains,
that surround the town, mountains in wich the wildness
still exists. Because the forest is composed from
resinous trees the air becames very ozonized.
The Vaser Valley and the steam train represent
a great touristical attraction of the town.
Also the town represents a departure point towards
the main touristical point of Maramures:
• the villages with wooden churches and monasteries
• customs and traditions
• nature attractions (reservations)
In the century of speed, in Maramures still exist water
actioned equipment. You will be surprised by the
ingenuousness of simple people.
• The peasant Complex in Ieud
Includes the mill, fulling mill, whirlpool, loom
• The ceramics workshop
You should try to make your own clay pot.....
• The weaving mill workshop
You will see how tissue is made and what kind of
tissue to use for different clothes and not only
• The workshop of folk master Tulean Gheorghe
The wood tradition is what makes Maramures famous,
she is still keept alive
• The leather processing workshop of master Skurka
• The ukrainian orthodox religoius objects workshop
of master Beuca Stefan